Discussion: What health care workers really need
A staggering number of medical professionals say they plan to leave the field. What has to change to keep them, and attract more health care workers to a sector in crisis? Over four events, panelists including Dr. Verna Yiu, Dr. Dante Morra and Dr. Cornelia (Nell) Wieman?– as well as patient advocates, policymakers and nurses?– shared their perspectives. Watch the recordings.
Podcast: Nobody goes to med school to do more charting
Two emergency doctors talk about disaster volunteerism as an antidote to pandemic burnout – and the burden of administrative tasks in medicine. Find other episodes of Sound Mind here.
- What Indigenous physicians want you to know about the?toll of medical practice, and how they take care of their own health.
- New data on IVF patients?is further evidence to counter misinformation about the impact of COVID-19 vaccinations on fertility.
- Why Dr. Tommy Brothers, a Halifax resident working in addiction treatment and harm reduction, is looking outside medicine to better serve his patients.
- Watch?CMA President Dr. Katharine Smart?speaking to?the House of Commons Standing Committee on Health (HESA) about the health workforce crisis.
- Connect with your association at the CMA’s annual general meeting on Aug. 21. Non-members can also sign up as observers to learn more about how we’re driving change for and with physicians.
Lend your voice to our work to build a better health future
View the latest from Boldly
Sharing ideas and initiatives that are shaping the future of health